Sunday 16 November 2008

1st Rule of Rum Club...


So, we've just been to Brighton as an after wedding getaway, so expect a few Brighton posts coming up :) To kick things off though here's a tip for all the rum drinkers out there like me. We came across the Saint James pub while walking back to the hotel. The sign outside read 'Hot Toddy made from homemade spiced rum' - I've never entered a pub as fast! It turns out that the Saint James is a lovely atmospheric pub, that has over 70 varieties of rum! Over 70! They also hold a rum club on the first Tuesday of every month (at 8pm), so if you are in the area, you should definitely go. They also serve what looked like the most amazing Thai food - if only we hadn't booked a restaurant (I can imagine I would have been there all night). My recommendation from the rum list is the Santa Teresa Rhum Orange - a gorgeously smooth orange based spiced rum.

No comments: